vcp to dvd player

I have a 2002 Windstar with a factory installed tv/vcp. I wanted to know if I can take out the removable vcp and put in a dvd player? Is there a way?
Thanks
What I should have asked was if Ford had an option to switch the VCP to a DVD

Don't bother with Ford DVD entertainment system. I have one, they not worth the money. It doesn't play all formats, it can only play original compressed DVD movies and nothing else. I suggest you go out and buy a third party system that goes on the back of the front seats of the car. Goodluck.

on yours? If so it most likely is dealer installed and any car stereo place can easily set you up.