Windstar sliding door won't close

The right side automatic sliding door won't stay closed. It starts to close but as soon as it hits the contacts it reopens. I have cleaned the contacts and contact pads, but that hasn't helped. I assume it is
something to do with a sensor to automatically open when something is caught in the door. Any suggestions about what I should look for?
Thanks.