Air Conditioner

My a/c started draining on the passsenger side. The Ford dealer says they may have to take out the dash to fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem and what was necessary to fix it. Thnaks

The passenger side footwell? What does the fluid look like: water or anti-freeze? What makes you believe it's an A/C leak?
-- Don

Hey, I just had his problem fixed (under warranty at 53,000 km) on a North American 2004 Focus wagon. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 05- 13-3 that describes how to diagnose and fix A/C condensation leaks around the evaporator case. I had to bring the car in twice for tests before they decided that this was the problem. My work order says that they replaced the evaporator case and O rings and then evacuated and recharged the A/C system. Total repair time was 4.9 hours. They told me that they had to remove part of the dash to do this and that if it hadn't been covered under warranty the cost to me would have been somewhere between $1500-$2000 Cdn. If you have this problem I hope you still have warranty coverage!
Blitzko
Blitzko wrote:

One of my Probes did the same thing, they cleaned out the drain hose going from the evaporator case to the outside with a coat hanger.