Air Conditioner

I have a 98 Chevy Truck. The air conditioner quit blowing cold air. I found that the fuse under the hood was blowed so I replaced it. When I tried it again it started smoking in the wiring. I was told that my compressor my be fried. Any Ideals

Reply to
chrisdockins24

More likely the compressor clutch, since the compressor itself doesn't require any electricity. You need to take it to a trusted shop because you also need to figure out WHY the clutch may have gone bad. If only the clutch is the probem, it isn't too hard of a fix. But if something else is causing the clutch to fry, then it could get into some money.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race