Re: 3800 RPM loss of power

I have a 2000 Focus with Automatic transmission and Zetec engine.

>As soon as it reaches 3800 RPM (approx) the engine hunts and looses power, >it does the same in first, second, and kickdown. >This is a potential safety problem as when I kick down to pass, the engine >looses power. >Any ideas? >Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes take it to your nearest Ford Dealer and get him to sort it.

Reply to
Andy Lee

I get the same thing, I have a 2000 ZTS. When I floor it to merge onto the freeway, the engine seems like it's surging. Almost like if you hit the rev limiter and the engine cuts power on and off. Lemme know what happens. I'm gonna check with my dealer.

Reply to
R.U.

The symptom you describe is akin to a camshaft position sensor failure, but have the codes pulled to confirm.

Reply to
malcolm burton