Fuel Relay 85 F350 4x4 std dump body

I have a F350 4x4 dualie Dump that I use to plow etc around the back 50 here. Today in a major snow storm, it will not run. It will start, and then stop as if it's out of fuel. I've grounded the oil pressure sender, and made sure that the inertia switch was reset. Now I'm looking for the 'Fuel Relay'. Its not described in any of the ford manuals that I have as to where it is located. Any body have any Ideas? Thanks in advance, Jack-- 'Enjoy life, this is not a dress rehearsal' Alive and living free in New Hampshire, the 3rd nicest state in the USA.

Reply to
Jack

Check under the hood, passenger side inner fender, should be 2 little relays there. One or both of them are for the fuel pump, also there's a little round plastic thing in there somewhere with a sponge inside it and a round cap on it, don't know what it is, and it doesn't look like it does much, but I remeber mine going bad at some point in time. And my truck would start but not run as well.

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

Thanks for the response, but another snow day, another day with no plow truck. No relays on passenger side area of fender under hood, other than the starter relay and the charge controller. The inertia switch is in passenger compartment against the passenger side firewall just above where feet would be if a passenger wanted to ride in this truck, which is highly unlikely. Any other ideas as to where the fuel relay might be?

Reply to
Jack

Do you have a fuse box over the passenger side fender next to the starter relay? If so, then I would guess that the relays are just below that fuse box. Everything else you describe matches my '90 BroncoII exactly. (I haven't looked at that part of my '93 F-150 and it isn't nearby) On my BII, the fuse box can slide up and out of the retaining bracket allowing access to the relay box below it.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

Nothing on either fender really - Passenger is only start relay and alternator regulator. On Drivers Fender is only the computer module and the add on hydraulic lift controls for plow. I did short out the initertia switch this afternoon to see if that was it and it will still not run in the run position ( will start - pumps gas during the 'start' operation, then stops when in 'run' ). Asked Ford dealer about it yesterday ( one of my customers ) and they thought that I would find two relays on the drivers fender and a white ignition terminal box on steering column... nope, none, nada. Can't get to fuel pump really cus its under dump bed which is hydraulic and requires a running engine to raise. Well I'll try to hot wire it some how. ( also looked around under dash)

Thanks for interest everybody.

Reply to
Jack

I finally found (and replaced) the Fuel relay. It was against the dashboard wrapped in a wiring harness on the drivers side of the engine compartment. Now to get the Carb to stop overflowing fuel. It's either one thing or another - now to much gas. Thanks Seasons greetings.

Reply to
Jack