Forester Fuel Pump Relay

On my 2003 Forester, I want to change the fuel filter: The shop manual says to first de-pressurize the fuel line by disconnecting the fuel pump relay, and has a locating drawing that makes no sense to me.

I can't figure where this relay is located in the car. Can anybody tell me where it's buried, please?

Thanks,

Reply to
Larry Davis

Just a wag but look for a relay/fuse box/panel under the hood. My Legacy has one next to the battery. My guess is the fuel pump relay will be found inside it.

Reply to
johninky

On the other hand, maybe not.

johninky