New Truck Questions, the answers week one

Don, Big Al; Well I have had the truck for a week and I still like it! The engine is doing what I expected, The average mileage on the first tank was 13, the average mileage on the second tank was 14. The acceleration with the bed empty is good. Better than is seems, since you are riding so high. I have yet to tow a trailer since the recommend not doing so during the break-in period. I will be loading up the bed this weekend and towing a trailer next week. The manual transmission has one thing that took getting used to. There is a "gate" for R/L and a gate for 5th gear. this initially caused my problems because when I thought I was in reverse I was in first gear. When I put it in neutral then moved the stick left. I felt a notch and I pushed a little more and she was past the gate forward I was in reverse. Once I figured this out, it made doing the standard 1,2,3,4 pattern much easier.

I had one small problem with the truck from the factory. One of the tires was out of balance. That was taken care of today. I will let you all know after I load her up and tow my trailer how she does.

Michelle and "Rebecca" yes i gave it a name. ;-)

Reply to
Michelle P

Thanks for the update. What engine did you get? I forgot:) Will it start in second easily?

Last weekend I brought a loaded 28 foot enclosed race car trailer home with my 360, 5 speed Dodge. My trailer connector was different than the one on the trailer so I had no lights or brakes. Stopping that thing was a real test. Trailer brakes are very important!

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to