Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GM to hourlies: last chance for buyout deals
GM to hourlies: last chance for buyout deals Motors expects the current round of hourly worker buyouts to be its last -- workers who don't take the deal face the prospect of future cuts without such a...
7
7

removing dash panel on 1996 Chevrolet Lumina
Hi, I was wondering how the dash panel can be removed in order to replace the panel/instrument lights on a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina? I think there are clips there, but they have a sort of metal tip on...

GM, Chrysler May Get Bankruptcy to Protect U.S. Loans (Update1)
GM, Chrysler May Get Bankruptcy to Protect U.S. Loans (Update1) Feb. 9 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC may have to be forced into bankruptcy by the U.S. government to assure...

'06 Malibu Maxx - rear brakes shot at 23K? Front pads look new.
I've owned cars a-plenty and NEVER have I seen the rear pads wear out a) in 23K miles and b) before the fronts. Doesn't make sense. Any ideas? Thanks. Perry
6
6

Weekly Nascar Pocket Guide
Weekly Nascar Pocket Guide
1
1

Unlimited Wii Downloads! Wii Games, Wii Music & Much More!
Unlimited Wii Downloads! Wii Games, Wii Music & Much More!

Chevrolet Malibu sales jump 51.5%; dealers pleased
"A sign of a good launch is where you go through the first 12 months, you actually end up making more money on the car 12 months out than you did in the first month, which is something we like to...
61
61

Re: 2009 Car and Driver 10 Best Cars - no Lexus, no surprise?
Remember when American companies manufactured cars?

Re: The US must Increase TaxPayer Subsidies to Toyota, a company that works!
You just quoted yourself, but changed the text in the quotation marks! Sure, the spirit of what you said is the same, but your initial typo-laced turn of phrase was anything but clear. I think maybe...
1
1

Re: GM And Toyota. A Tale Of Two Losers
Too bad Americans can't *afford* to buy puffed up SUVs to haul their boats anymore. Americans can "want" big cars all the way to the poorhouse, it's not going to change the fact that they've stopped...

Re: GM And Toyota. A Tale Of Two Losers
Those big models are mostly just an American phenomenon. Also, the Prius isn't just for treehuggers. Most people pay for gas all the time what we in the US were paying 8 months ago. For an idea of...

Re: Motortrend article: 100 MPG+ Chevy Volt, GM's "Moon Shot"
And you're a moron. What's your point?

Re: Motortrend article: 100 MPG+ Chevy Volt, GM's "Moon Shot"
It could be fast (in a straight line) as a Corvette and it still wouldn't be sporty. A FWD midsize family car can't be made "sporty" by the addition of ugly plastic cladding and red backlighting for...

Tire Rotation Every Service Interval ???
What's with this bullshit? Are the dealers running out of ways to scam us as the manufacturers design longer service intervals into the vehicles? Should I bother with this crap in my driver's manual,...
33
33

Cash for clunkers plan revives trade fight
Cash for clunkers plan revives trade fight News February 5, 2009 - 12:38 pm ET UPDATED: 2/5/09 1:22 p.m. EST WASHINGTON -- Import brand automakers and dealers warned today that a vehicle scrappage...