Re: GM And Toyota. A Tale Of Two Losers

Too bad Americans can't *afford* to buy puffed up SUVs to haul their boats anymore. Americans can "want" big cars all the way to the poorhouse, it's not going to change the fact that they've stopped buying them.

DUH! The growth at Toyota in the US was precisely in starting to build the >mid size cars, SUVs, trucks and luxury cars Americans WANT to buy, not by >selling more of the small and midget cars that Americans DO NOT WANT to buy, >get real. LOL > > >> C. E. White wrote: >>> >>> >>> Do you dispute that GM currently sells more vehicles in the US than >>> Toyota? Hard to do since there are numbers to back up the claim. Could it >>> change in the years ahead? - I suppose so. However, I don't think things >>> are nearly as bad as some people claim. In my opinion, the difference in >>> quality between GM products and Toyota products is in the noise range. GM >>> has some decent designs. Toyotas only real advantage is the ability to >>> bring in small cars from it protected home market. GM makes decent small >>> cars in other areas, but they don't have the excess capacity in those >>> areas to allow GM to bring those cars to the US. If you compare Toyota >>> and GM US production, I don't see any real advantage for Toyota. Both >>> have US production facilities that are weighted towards light truck >>> production. Toyota's best selling small car (Corolla) is a mediocre >>> design that hasn't had more than a superficial update in a decade. >>> Toyota's bread and butter car (Camry) is over priced and at best no >>> better than the Chevy Malibu. Toyota's foray into the large truck market >>> (Turdra) is an unqualified disaster. It's "small truck" has ballooned in >>> size and price so that it is no longer competitive. It has upsized all >>> its SUVs and SUV-like things. There is little wonder the Toyota CEO got >>> fired. He should have been fired several years ago when he authorized the >>> Texas Truck Plant. This was about the stupidest move Toyota has ever >>> made. >>> >>> Ed >> >> Toyota indeed screwed up on going to trucks and bigger SUVs, poor vision >> that. Their CEO paid the price for bad vision but GM's CEO is still there >> thanks to a rollover board. GM should learn a lesson from Toyota but they >> won't. >> >> -- >> Civis Romanus Sum >
Reply to
Luke