1990 Buick Riviera-Help !

Hi,I need help my riv is acting up.It starts fine,runs fine for a while and then suddenly shuts off.It will always restart fine,but eventually dies again.I have pulled these codes from the computer 26,27,28,29, and
31,which keep coming back after I clear them.BTW, I have the vin C 3800 and the car has 190,000 on the clock.
Hey,
I've got an '88 olds with the exact same engine. I'll look up the codes for you. I've had the same problem...may not me the exact same, I was pulling a 42 (knock sensor i think).
Car would start and run fine for while, then just die. Wait for a minute or two, then try a restart and she'd fire up fine and away I went. The it would happen again, back to square one.
Replaced the Coil Pack and C3I ingnition control module (resided under the Coil pack).
This solved my problem. Don't do it yet though...Lemme see what the codes say. They're probably false though. They usually are.
Thomas Pitzl wrote in alt.autos.gm

You can find the codes all over the internet. Here is one place to go.
http://www.troublecodes.net/GM / Clicking on the VIN C gives the following info: 26: Quad Driver Sense Voltage low. 27: 2nd gear switch problems. 28:3rd gear switch problems. 29:4th gear switch problems. 31: Park/Neutral switch grounded when car was in gear, or open when when car was started, or the 4th gear switch has an intermittent open. Sounds to me like you need to get your tranny serviced, or at least check the wiring.
--
Dick #1349
"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Sounds like a good place to start. I also did a search on the Quad Driver circuit that popped up in the first set of faults. It appears to be part of the ECM, an electronic device that controls up to four devices. Such as the injectors, or the solenoids in transmission in this case. All of which comes right back to the wiring, or quite likely the module you are talking about.