1998 Buick Radio

I have a cassette tape hung in my 1998 Buick Park Ave. radio which also plays CD's. I can see the tape and the radio clicks when the eject button is pushed but the tape will not come out. This does not effect any of the fuctions of the radio or CD. THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS.

Reply to
DCLIFF

My wife's 1998 LeSabre had exactly the same problem. I used a dental pick to free it (carefully). BUT freeing it didn't fix it. It continued to eat tapes.

Finally I had to take the radio out and send it to a guy in San Antonio, Texas who specializes in these units. He fixed it for me for about $65-70.

He told me that there were some plastic gears and associated parts that typically break in these units.

If you need his contact information, perhaps I can find it for you.

Reply to
<HLS

Reply to
rkinross

I have a 98 regal doing the same thing with the tape. The error code displayed is an e13. I would just like to retrieve the tape since I borrowed it from the library and need to return it. The name and address of the service place would be helpful in the last post.

Reply to
rkinross