2003 Saturn Vue V6 Oil Filter Housing

Anyone understand Why Saturn used such a crappy oil filter setup? I've tried replacing the oil filter on my family's Vue today and the oil filter housing came loose instead of the cap loosening. So now we
can't get anything done and Saturn has covered their arses by not covering that piece in the warranty. Anyone have any Idea as to if the housing will unscrew or tighten back?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

question from someone that doesnt understand the nature of the problem........
a)'oil filter housing came loose.' do you mean the out side jacket of the spin-on oil filter seperated from the base? or do you mean the filter adaptor (threaded nipple) came out with the filter assy. when removing filter? ball is back in your court...........kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention