2004 Impala

Hi There, thinking about buying 2004 Impala with 29000klms. It has the 3.4 v6. Do these engines suffer the same head gasket problems as the 3.4's
that GM use in the Montana vans?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Yes, same motor.
Hi There, I understand they are the same motor, but do they still suffer the same problems or has it been rectified.
Chris
blokie wrote:

That's hard to know as the head gasket problem doesn't show up for a while. You will have to just wait and see. I don't think there has been any improvement in the head gasket design. I have noticed a slight manufacturing change in the cylinder head bolts...perhaps this is where the problem lies and where the change has been made.
Get an extended warranty from GM.
Ian
HiThere, well I went ahead and bought the car, I didnt get the extended warrenty though, the car will probebly do less than 15k a year and as the car only has 29k on it and is less than a year old I will get the full 3 years GM warrenty. According to the GM "dealer" that head gasket problem doesnt exsist anymore, and of course pigs cant fly and sh*t doesnt stink. The extended warrenty was anyware from about can$1500 to over $2500, so if the head gasket is the only problem, that can be done for less then $1000.
Honda is better

Bid D wrote : Honda is Better.
Anybody remember the car commercial about 20 years ago ( or more ) with the singers singing " You bought a Honda ?, HA HA HA! You bought a Honda, HA HA, HA!
This was not a Honda commercial but that of a competitor. I can't remember which.
000,006 - Feb 4,1991 100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005 500,000 - Dream On !