82 GMC VanDura died while riding down the road

What would cause a normal running 305 CID engine to loose spark while driving down the road. I suspect a blown fuse link in the ignition lead or short in the ignition switch wiring in the column
because the wipers have started to operate on their own. I tried getting to the column wiring, but ran into a plastic plate after taking off the steering wheel and can't get to the wiring. It will crank the starter, the dash trouble lights light up, radio plays, wipers work, etc. The ownersmanual mentions an ignition fuse link but doesn't say where it's located. Any ideas?
Bad ignition module in the distributor.
--
Steve

"Wellsie" < snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I would bet money on it.

the movement of the advance these wires were prone to break after some time . Easy to check. Good luck.
Rey
Thanx Very Much Guys! It turned out to be a loose connection of the switch battery lead @ the distributor cap ignition module input terminal. I guess I've got other problems with the windshield wiper "joy stick" unrelated to the engine dieing? Wellsie