82 GMC S-15

I have this old 82 S-15, 6 cylinder, long bed, in more or less "rat" condition - paint rusting through and a big dent in the left bed. I only keep it because it runs OK, and I occasionally need it to move something big. Lately, I've had to start parking it in the back yard where it is not visible from the street, because there has been a constant stream of people coming to the door and wanting to buy it. even in the back yard, I've had to put a "NOT FOR SALE" sign on it to keep from being woken up early on the weekend by buyers.

Today, I took it out to pick up something big from the hardware store, and was buttonholed on two separate occasions by guys wanting to buy it. One guy made me write down his address and phone number before he'd let me go, "in case I change my mind".

Is there something valuable or collectible about this year & model?

Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR Control-G Consultants snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

Reply to
Lee Gleason

Got an 86 that sat in the woods for a coupla months before I got started on the V-8 project,had the same problem. Turns out, so I'm told, that these things, being framed vehicles, are good rolling platforms for a lot of popular street rod kit cars or just plain scratch built street rods due to the ease in installing a small block chevy etc. etc. Bought an 87 for $200 when my 884wd blew it's 2.8 to drive till i got the ol' lady a car, drove it for 6 months, put it in the yard & sold it in 2 days for $500. The guy that bought it said he "needed" it & when I drove it to his house saw he already had a couple others sitting there & a few hot rods of his own so I'm figuring this is the scenario.

Reply to
PA-ter

Hell, put a for sale sign on it that says "FOR SALE $5000 FIRM!" :) Maybe that will shut them up.

Reply to
Scott M

Damn, I wish I had people dying to take my '91 junker off of my hands...

Reply to
SBlackfoot

I'll sell you my 1988 so you can resell! Or give me the name & address of that guy!

I'm in NH....

BTW: People are freaks, and almost all models have niche customers. I love chevelles and K5's, some love S10's. Some like el Caminos, etc. etc. etc.

GMC Gremlin Pst. I hear some even like fords!!!!!

Reply to
GMC Gremlin