95 LeSabre- where is starter relay?

Our 95 LeSabre occasionally will not start - the starter does not work. New starter has been installed. No help. Looking at the wiring diagram, I see that there is a starter relay decoder
unit (coded to the key) that energizes a relay to complete the circuit to the starter solenoid. It seems very likely that either the decoder or the relay is at fault. I really don't need this elaborate anti-theft feature on a 10 year old car. If I can find the relay, I will try a jumper wire to bypass the whole system to see if that does not solve the problem. Does anyone know where the relay is located?
Behind instrument panel at base of steering column.
However, if the anti-theft system is preventing the car from being started, the security light will stay illuminated on the dash even after the initial "bulb check" when the key is first turned to the "RUN" position.
Does the car start when "boosted?" How old is your battery?
Steve

I have a 94 LeSebre that started thw same problem. I have crossed the starter and it starts but soon as I take the screw driver away it quits running. I blame the ignition switch. if someone can shed some light , please do
doug a
I have a similar problem and complaint on a 90 Reatta. (I'm going to do it as soon as I feel like curling up like a hermit crab and getting into the Reatta underdash area)
In my case, and I have researched it quite well, the fix is to disconnect the keycode reader leads to the key pellet, and solder in a precision resistor of the correct value.
This will substitute the correct resistance value every time you try to start the car, and you wont have to try to replace the code readers, etc.