97 buick speedometer problems

i have a 97 buick lesebre with speedometer problems and i cant find anyone who can tell me how to remove the cluster from the dash.need detail information please

Reply to
bearcub44

Haven't asked any body shops or dealers, have you?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

It is so easy.

1) Remove the 2 wood-grain looking parts with your fingers 2) Remove about 3 screws holding the entire main dash, then remove it with your fingers. I had to put the gearshift in drive to get it out of the way. 3) remove the screws around the cluster. It is just plugged in, no speedometer cable. The only thing left is the string to move the gearshift indicator.

I would rethink if the speedometer is the problem. I think everything is controlled through the computer. I know the gas gauge is. If you drive too far with your turn signal on, the computer turns on the warning chime.

I only removed the dash cluster enough to put a piece of foil over the check engine light. I keep getting the code for fuel vapor evaporation, and despite a new gas tank, fuel gauge sender, fuel pump and gas cap I can not find the cause.

Reply to
Joe3301955