Buick paint ?

New Buick purchased, now the dealer is pushing their 'lifetime' paint warranty where they apply some sort of Teflon/wax coating for the small fee of 'only' $600 ! Anyone had any experience with this or is just
another way for them to make the big bucks ? Also looking at a 3M product that is a clear film that is applied to various areas to prevent dings, etc. Again....any comments ? Thx ! Zork

Bargain hard and I'll bet you can get them down to $550. That'll hurt them as they will only make $540 in profit.
Are they a Rusty Jones dealer too?
Totally unnecessary with todays clear coats, just keep it clean a a high quality wax every 6 months or so.

My opinion also regarding the 'teflon'. Still curious about the clear plastic covering tho. Would it prevent the normal 'chips' etc encountered ? Never talked to anyone that has had it.
---------------------------

--
>http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+
newsgroups

Because there's nothing to talk about. Don't waste your money.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Hehehehehe............that's what my impression was also !
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:47:35 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Zork) wrote:

I've got a 2002 BUICK. ( cream )
They must've used great stuff when they painted it. The finish still looks "a foot deep" and, it washes up like it just came from the factory.
Personally, I think the solid colors hold up much better than the metallic finishes.
Some of the newer imports look like they used a spray can directly over the sheet metal.
BTW re dealer add-on coatings; They don't seem to hold up under the Arizona summer sun. I've seen more than a few cars with peeling clear-coat.
<rj>
$600 profit for the dealer. Waste of time & money especially if YOU don't keep a car more than 5 - 6 years. My parents 91 Cadillac has never been waxed until this year and the finish still looked fantastic prior to waxing it.
Today's auto paints are very good, just keep it waxed.
Many dealers in the Chicago area are adding these wax & interior treatments and tape stripes to a car with an added $1000 to the price tag. Its called Car Artistry on the add on sticker on the rear window.
Good Luck
harryface 91 Bonneville 310,936 05 Park Ave 64,225
Get it. I have stock in that dealership.....

Zork wrote:

There was a post in <alt.autos.corvette> earlier this year on GM refusing to honor a warranty claim on paint following a dealer applied coating.
Get it *in writing* that the dealer agrees to repair any paint defect that GM refuses to honor.
Personal opinion -- GM's current clear coats are great by themselves.
-- pj
Zork wrote:

$590 of profit and a $10 wax job. Run run Rudolph!