Coolant problems

I have been reading about the green vs orange coolant and I am getting a headache. My question here is by brother happen to due a coolant change on a monte carlo that I sold him and he changed it from orange to green when i went to change the coolant my self I flush it and put green also but as I was doing that I read use the organe. My question here is should I go back to the orange coolant. or should I stay with the green. The reason that I ask is because on one of the forum it say that there is really no way to flush the system complete.

Reply to
Nedmoorebush

How long has the green coolant been in the vehicle? If it's been in the engine for pretty much any length of time, you can flush all the green out and use the dexcool, but the dexcool will no longer have the extended life. So then it's a matter of deciding whether it's worth flushing the green out, or just use green from now on and maintain it using an older coolant flush schedule (every two years, 40K kilometers...etc).

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai