coolant leak*****

88 Chevy Blazer 4.3 TBI Auto 184,000 Mi. Started out of nowhere. Its leaking from the front of the engine, It is not the rad. or hoses. The top of the engine is dry. You can only see the leak from the under the truck. Its dripping off the base pan and it seem like its just running down the front of block (on the passenger side of the front). Its very hard to see anything with all the brackets in the way. I cant rule out the water pump but I dont see any dripping from it. I was wondering if any could tell me if coolant can leak from the timing chain cover or the head gasket. Ive heard of the head gasket leaking internally, not sure if it could leak externally. I need help this is my daily driver and luckly i got the week off work. PLEASE HELP ME HERE!
Reply to
drama82

Probably the water pump lower weep hole (IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE!) puking the coolant. Could also ne the gasket between the pump and block, but that rarely happens. Head gaskets rarely leak externally, and the timing chain cover cannot leak coolant, just oil.

How old is the water pump?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Could Be a SOFT plug

if it is the water pump Seal you can reach under the belt pully and Feel it The pump is WET !!

I just went out and looked at my 1989 s-10

you have a Soft plug in the Front of the Block, Just below the HEAD You have the lower Radiator Hose hooking to the pump on that side. ( Feel under it for leaks.. it is close to the FRAME so it cud have a hole in it or Just a loose Clamp!

drama82 wrote:

Reply to
Santa

The newer ones leak between the heads and the intake manifold. there are water jacket holes in each end of the intake manifolds and heads. You look for water down the block or in the rear. you must remove and replace the intake manifold gaskets if that is the case. hard, but not that bad. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman