Glow plug light doesn't come on but car starts fine

Hello,
I've just had my starter motor changed on my Vauxhall Astra Dti 1.7 Diesel (2000) but now the glow plug light isnt coming on. The car, however, starts
fine and drives great.
Could it be a fuse, relay, in-dash bulb or something else?
Cheers
sossidgeboy
Greetings,
I know next to nothing specific about Vauxhall diesels since all of my experience is on the GM light duty diesels available here in the US in their pick-up trucks.
However, there are some basics that should work no matter what motor you have. Either borrow or purchase an inexpensive voltage meter (multi-meter) and connect it to the battery of your car. From a cold-start condition, turn the ignition to run as if you're goint to start the car but do not start it. Watch the voltage on the meter. If it starts out low but after 5-10 seconds jumps up then most likely your glow plugs are working as they should and drawing power from the battery and it's just the bulb in the dash that's bad.
However, if the voltage starts out at the same level as when the car is off then your glow plugs may not be lighting and you could have any one of a few problems that are causing this.
Glow plugs are not always needed to start your diesel motor. The ones in my 2004 Duramax diesel cycle only briefly if the motor is warm and don't cycle at all if the motor is hot.
Cheers - Jonathan