Glow plug warning light - Kia Sedona

Had problems with this a few times with the wire breaking. You get a flashing curly wire on the dashboard.

What exactly is not working if this is flashing? Is it the glow plug pre-heater or something?

If so, what are the consequences because the car starts no problem at the moment? Is it just to pre-heat them in cold weather?

Reply to
paulfoel

I'm no expert but I reckon a scan would be the first port of call.

Reply to
Pete

paulfoel was thinking very hard :

The colder it becomes, the more they are needed. Some engines I understand run them even once the engine has started.

Might be worth disconnecting them and checking the resistance of each between connection and ground and maybe checking 12v appears at the terminal when they are supposed to be on. If that fails, find and check out the relay.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

from the pictures on the internet the preheater is a large alloy block on the inlet with two large connections on, whether there are two glow plugs or one I don't know, but a lot of owners complain of the light coming on and the fix is the wiring to that alloy block.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

The wires connected to bolts at the front of the engine break just reconnecy them and your light will go off

Reply to
philgladwin