GM, Toyota end hybrid partnership

There goes GM's chances to build a hybrid that works well.
GM, Toyota end hybrid partnership http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/02/news/companies/gm_toyota.reut/index.htm
-- Service Guarantees Citizenship

Perhaps if you would read the article, instead of just posting the link, you wouldn't make a fool of yourself with such statements.
Dave

Toyota and GM are separating on the hybrid technology partenership. Means that GM loses access to superior Toyota technology. Don't make an ass out of yourself with your comments.
My comments are questions for the many novices and sidewalk engineers on this newsgroup!
Many may be the "ass out of yourself with" their "comments." But yet they are entitled to some of the outlandish comments found in many of the threads on this newsgroup.
It is condescending to see the pro Rice Rocket land comments. It may boil down to either like the USA and support our fellow Americans by attempting to buy domestic products or leave this country and migrate to Rice Rocket land and discover they don't have the luxuries many of our fellow Americans take for granted.
Maybe GM is saving themselves megabucks and environmental liability by deliberate losing "access to" what "superior Toyota technology?"
The environmentals may be antimonial lead alloy found in some cyclic wet charged lead acid batteries?
One less MSDS sheet to interested parties!

So, they have completed their collaboration on fuel cell research. What does that have to do with your earlier statement?
Perhaps GM is beginning realize Hybrids are proving to be an expensive flop on the market, according to the latest reports, and are shifting more of their research money to fuel cells? ;)
mike hunt

Uh, the fact that they moved a lot of metal at full sticker means their dealers made money, it absolutely does NOT mean that Toyota made a penny. At least last year, no industry analysts thought that Toyota was making and money on the Prius. All felt that they were losing in the thousands of dollars per unit. The Prius already makes no economic sense (to the buyer) at its current price, it would be even a sillier buy for a few grand more. Toyota is buying experience and market presence and PR. They are not making a profit on the Prius.
It will be interesting if the good PR continues when owners have to start replacing $4000 to $8000 battery packs on their 8 year old vehicles in a few years.
- nopcbs

You might consider actually reading a news release before spouting off about it. This was about fuel cells, not hybrid technology...totally unrelated. GM is in bed with Daimler and BMW for hybrid technology, not Toyota. The technology that GM/Daimler/BMW are working on is significantly advanced from what Toyota is currently selling.
GM has made plenty of dumb moves, no need to spout off about dumb moves they never have made...just makes you look dumb.
- nopcbs

I bow to your masterful and insightful analysis. Will you be advising GM on how to stop their slide into bankruptcy? We await you insightful analysis of that wee problem.

Kind of a weak attempt to change the subject from your total mis-read of a report followed by a post that is out of touch with reality...don't you think?
Next time, just admit you screwed up (at least to yourself) and be done with it.
- GRL