Montana fuel pump reset switch ...HELP !!

My 1999 Pontiac Montana ran out of fuel. I put a couple of jerry cans of fuel back in the tank, but when I try to start the engine, the starter turns
the motor over, but it will not start. When I turn the key, I don't get the usual humming sound of the fuel pump engaging. I checked the fuse for the fuel pump circuit, and it is OK. I suspect that there is a fuel pump reset switch that needs to be reset because the fuel tank ran empty. The problem is I don't know where it is located, and there is no mention of it in the owner's manual. Can anyone tell me where I can find the fuel pump reset switch ???? thanks
RZ wrote:

No reset switch. If you don't hear the pump check the fuse first then the fuel pump relay. Try jumping the fuel pump power feed direct to the battery.
If none of this makes the pump operate, your pump failed.
--
Steve W.

A lot of in-tank fuel pumps depend on the fuel for cooling. Run them dry and it could be time for a new fuel pump.
Could you just have air in the line and you're not hearing the pump?
I helped a girl who ran her car dry.
After putting fuel in the tank, I 'vented' the pressure on the fuel rail and then turned the key on, and it would buzz for a second. I had to do that a number of time till I finally got the engine to fire. I SUSPECT that there was air in the line and it built up pressure, but I would have never thought there would be enough to keep the pump from running.