Olds 88 engines dies with no warning???

My 1992 olds 88 just started to die without any warning while I am driving. It will start back up after waiting about 30 seconds to 5 minutes without
a problem. It is just like someone had turned off the ignition and something had to reset before it starts back up.
Any ideas? If so, any idea how I can replace the part myself inexpensively?
Thanks,
Scholin
Typical crank sensor symptoms, but to avoid just putting parts in, it should be scanned to see if when this happens is the ecu is getting an rpm signal, then you can usually pinpoint the wiring to the crank sensor or the ign module/wiring.

driving.
Scholin wrote:

Crank sensor.
---Bob Gross---