1990 Olds 88

Any tips of checking the HEI (Distributor) Ignition system? The '90 Olds 88 won't start. It gets fuel, because we can smell it when it floods. It cranks over, but it does not catch. Next thing to check is box, the ignition box or something. I've got a Calais repair manual, is the 88 the same. Any clues for diagnosing an ignition system?

Reply to
jdringrose

Shep

The Calais doesn't even share the same engine as the 88.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 35,916 91 Bonneville LE 306,079
Reply to
Harry Face

Did you ever get resolution on this? I have 84 Cutlass cranks but doesn't catch. Been at mechanic for 2

1/2 months. Some days it starts other's it won't. Dampness seemed to be a factor till recently. Still two or 3 times a week. Getting gas, Firing OK - replaced some sensors, the computer and now the MAP sensor - Started fine for 3 days

- thought problem was f> Any tips of checking the HEI (Distributor) Ignition system? The '90

Reply to
lucky3

2 1/2 months??? Find a *real* mechanic.

Dave