Re: more brakes

I figured the Nano at $5K wouldn't come close to meeting any US standard--- safety, emissions and basic creature comforts. By the time this is fixed, they will probably be at or near $7K. During C4C, a local
Kia dealer was advertising Rio's at $7K, and with a qualifying clunker, end up costing $2500. I'm sure it was a stick, and as I recall no mention of a/c, ,but even still, a Rio would be like a Lincoln compaered to a Nano. From what I have heard, Rio's are not a bad car overall. I had a perfect C4C car and was looking into this exact deal, but then saw the fine print about it having to be registered and insured for the past year, so I was SOL. Didn't really need one anyway. Anyway, bottom line is that there are a number of inexpensive cars available now, that would likely end up costing less overall, than a $5K Nano every five years.