Re: Wheel bearing ? 93 Olds 88

It's a sealed assembly. You have to replace the whole assembly. The only front wheel drive car I have ever worked on that had replaceable bearings was the old Dodge Colt.

Steve

I have heard a constant "humming" from the front right, I suspect its a > wheel bearing. Auto Zone tells me I have to purchase a "hub assembly" for > $170. > I have changed lots of wheel bearings before, what is up with this car that > I can't just buy the bearings? Any help greatly appreciated. > > > Randy > "I'd rather be camping" > >
Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks Steve. I guess I have to "bite the bullet" and buy the part. I usually like to do both wheels at the same time but I think one is going to have to wait a bit!

Reply to
Prowler99

My 1985 Celebrity had a replaceable front wheel bearing. Piece of cake to install, too.

doug

Reply to
doug