How to remove/replace 2002 RAV4 tail light assembly?

Lens is broken on right rear tail light of 2002 RAV4. Since one can NOT just replace the broken lens, bought a whole assembly. Approaching the existing assembly from the inside I can seeingly access every part that appears to attach to anything, but am completely unable to remove the old part. This should be a simple do-it-yourself job and I will be very unhappy if I need to pay my local Toyota dealter the $120 in labor that they are asking.

BTW, I bought the (shrink wrapped) RAV4 repair book from the dealer which includes nothing which helps in this task.

Any advice would be apreciated.

-Ross Moran

Reply to
Ross Moran

The gasket on the taillight assembly may just be stuck. Take a look at the replacement eassembly and note the attachment points. Assuming you removed all of the fasteners, try pushing it out from inside.

Reply to
Ray O