slow throttle tip-in on '08 3.5 flex-fuel?

One minor quibble with my "new" company heaver... when pulling away from a stop, I feel like I have to push the pedal down a minute fraction
of an inch before the car responds. I'm sure after a while I will acquire "the touch" but I'm used to moving the pedal = go. What usually happens is I push, I push a little tiny bit more, nothing happens, I start to think that the people behind me are getting impatient, and I end up accelerating a little faster than I would have otherwise.
I assume that this is a drive-by-wire system, yes? could it be as simple as adjusting a stop screw on the pedal assembly?
thanks
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

have heard the DbW systems do 'feel' different
gnu / linux wrote:

Some feel a lot more "different" than others. I've had a number of rental cars with throttle-by-wire where the only clue I had that they weren't cable-actuated was that you could hear them throttle back during upshifts, and the pedal didn't hold its position when you were in cruise control.
I've had others that had such a horrific delay that I felt like I was using an engine-room telegraph on the bridge of the Queen Mary every time I moved the pedal (a couple of Kias come immediately to mind.)
Steve wrote:

yeah, my '02 GTI was completely transparent (stickshift, so I didn't even hear the throttling back when shifting) don't know whether the '05 Impala was or not, but it pulled the pedal down so I assume it wasn't. this one is pretty obviously DBW but other than the initial tip in it seems to be OK. Wish there was a way I could tune it out...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I doubt it's adjustable. Our pool Impala is just like yours. My Crown Vic also is drive by wire but it feels better then my older crown vic that had real wires. Our pool Prius I'm sure is DBW and it feels like an old "real wire" system too. I suspect Chevy just didn't implement it as well.
Nate Nagel wrote:

It's not just the usual intolerable 2 second delay for the slush box to actually do anything? I do hate automatics...
Nate Nagel wrote:

On GM I don't know. A Ford Mustang auto trans has a 1-2 second delay that can be removed by reprogramming the computer. Perhaps GM is similar.
I don't know about the 3.5 engine, but I test drove an Impala SS with the 5.3 V8, and I did not notice any lag on the drive-by-wire. The only thing I noticed (besides the awesome power) was a stiffer pedal spring than is on my 2000 Impala. Roy