Retrofit for Flex Fuel

Anybody know if it is possible (especially w/o voiding the warrantee) to retrofit a '07 Explorer for Flex Fuel (E85).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You can retrofit anything you want into any vehicle you want as long as you have a big enough hammer. As far as retrofitting flex fuel to a nonflex fuel car... I can't see this being cost effective and Ford is certanly not going to assume any liability for the situation...

Possible? A resounding yes... Would you want to is the question...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I was wondering possibility before I took the time to figure out want to. Figured I needed to know the parameters of possible before I could work out the rest of it. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Interesting consideration. I was basically wondering if retrofit kits were available, the cost, etc. I have not only found out that they probably aren't (except possibly out of the back of the Enquirer next to the ads for 100 mile per gallon additive-grin), but also some reasons why they aren't likely to be offered even in this day and age. Thanks to all.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman