1992 honda driver side cv drive shaft axle

Please see quote, then questions:
[quote] This is a brand New CV DRIVE SHAFT , AXLE THAT FITS HONDA
DRIVERS SIDE
1990-1993 , Accord , all models , with manual transmissions , without
abs brakes
PART # F165
TORQUE SPEC. 180 ft lbs
All of our CV shafts come brand new, this means there is no core charge to deal with. [/quote]
Now... this guy wants about $60 plus 15 shipping. He says its NEW and that it comes with a 30 month warranty. I recently replaced the exhaust on my Honda, and when it was up on the lift my mechanic and I noticed that the CV boot was gone on the driver's side. He suggested I'd have to replace the drive shaft.
Sounds like a helluva deal to me... thoughts? I'm ready to have this bad boy drop shipped to the garage now.
do both sides at the same time.
I can get driveshafts for $100 canadian each
Learning Richard wrote:

T L via CarKB.com wrote:

Why do both sides at the same time? Well... the car has 208k miles on it, that's enough reason I suppose.
Learning Richard wrote:

while you've got the car stripped down. usually the shorter shaft wears quicker, something roughly like 3:2 vs. the long side.
Learning Richard wrote:

Many techs prefer to just replace the shafts with the torn open boots. Keep an eye on the boots on the other shaft (check them at each oil change). If the boots start to crack, the boots can usually be replaced. The labor is about the same but the parts are much less ($22 for boots vs. $125 for a remanufactured shaft using Honda parts).
Eric
Eric wrote:

It seems logical to me, considering the 208,000 miles on the car, to go on and replace both. I bought two shafts for $150 including shipping. Honda will be up on the lift again hopefully by the end of next week.
Learning Richard wrote:

OK...
Two brand new driveshafts: $150 Installation: $250
Not bad in my opinion