99 Civic EX - A/C inconsistent in blowing cold

The Facts: 99 Civic EX 5spd, 150k miles, drives real good with minimal issues.
Lately, the A/C has not been consistent in blowing cold. Sometimes it
feels pretty good, other times it feels like it's just blowing from the vent w/o any cooling. It seems to be blowing warm mostly at stop and go/city driving, but that might be my imagination.
Any idea what causes this? Thanks!

A/C systems naturally lose roughly an ounce of refrigerant per year. You're probably running about half-charge right now.
Go get it topped up again.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I'm sure you're right, but that's not what irritates me. I was having other A/C problems late this winter (January or so). Sometimes the blower would come on, sometimes it wouldn't. I'd spin the knob hoping to hit a sweet spot and make it turn on. Sometimes it worked, usually it didn't. I replaced that control unit, thinking maybe the knob pot was bad. Anyway, that wasn't the issue.
So I took it in to the dealer. He told me the system was "over charged" so they released some coolant. I don't recall having my system serviced, but let it go...
So he must have taken the coolant out, and maybe that wasn't the issue...
So... while the blower usually turns on and spins at the speed I desire, we're just blowing warm and semi-cold now. I'll have it looked at for more coolant to be added. Thank you.