97 Honda Civic Ex blowing 20A a/c fuse

Hi,

My 97 Honda Civic EX just starting blowing the 20A condenser a/c fuse today. I have put in two replacements which also blew fairly quickly. Does anyone know what could cause this ?

Thanks, Lynn McGuire

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

My first guesses would be an electrical short (which would blow any fuse of any size) or a problem with the condenser drawing too much power. Have the condenser checked.

Reply to
Seth

condenser? don't you mean compressor?

Reply to
jim beam

I checked all of the wiring for worn areas this morning and did not see anything. In fact, I am quite impressed with all of the wiring and wiring shields.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Took it to a local shop. The electric clutch on the compressor is shorting out. So, they are putting in a new a/c compressor (probably rebuilt) with clutch in for me. Lucky me !

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Lynn McGuire wrote in news:i56v1t$ts7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

you should verify that you're getting a new compressor if you are paying for a new compressor.

If they're installing a rebuilt item,they should tell you that.

Reply to
Jim Yanik