A fit question

I have a Honda Fit Sport 5 speed manual transmission. There is a lever or switch to the left of the steering column on the instrument panel. It is
not the tilt wheel lever; it is to the left of that. It is not the hood release switch; that is lower. It is not listed in my manual--at least I find no reference to it in there, nor it is shown in the quick guide.
Does any of you people know what it might be. Other than discovering it, I have not messed with it, because I have no idea what it's function is.
Please advise. Thanks,
Robert A. Cunningham
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Robert A. Cunningham"

While parked, pull it. See what happens...

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:33:15 GMT, Larry in AZ

Did you buy the James Bond Edition by any chance?
said:

If I did, will I be stirred, not shaken? :)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:37:47 -0700, "Robert A. Cunningham"

Neither, but your passenger will be ejected.
said:

Robert A. Cunningham wrote:

Not necessarily, but a nice option...

Without it you're going to need to clean the passenger off the roof with a blotter.
said:

to get access to the fuse box. That's all. I appreciated all of the comments, but now I have egg on my face for not discovering it sooner.
Thanks for all of the posts, and for your courtesy.
Robert A. Cunningham
On Jun 20, 10:45 pm, "Robert A. Cunningham"

OK come on Robert it has been a few days now and I'm sure you took the advice and just tried it to see what it did. So what did it do? Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually, I have not driven it since Wednesday, the day I received the first response. Hey, I'm retired. But I will drive it today, and will try out the suggestion (just not the James Bond one). Thanks for the good (and funny) responses. I will post my result in a couple of hours--if nothing explodes :)
Robert A. Cunningham