civic runs rough as engine warms

my 91 honda civic runs rougher and rougher as the engines warms. Once warm, the engine will die if you put the top on the throttle body. Could this be a bad TA sensor? What does a TA sensor do?

nwa707 wrote:

im getting 17 flashes on the computer. It is supposed to mean a bad speed indicator sensor. The book says take to dealer. Any ideas?
"jim beam" wrote: > nwa707 wrote: > > my 91 honda civic runs rougher and rougher as the engines > warms. Once > > warm, the engine will die if you put the top on the throttle > body. > > Could this be a bad TA sensor? What does a TA sensor do? > > > what codes are you getting? how old are the plugs?

Wait until you see the price for the VSS(vehicle speed sensor),better be sitting down.
You can find them online,Tegger's site lists some online Honda parts dealers. www.tegger.com.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

cluster for $40 at a junk yard. check for bad connection first though.
Anwa707 wrote:

Are the rad AND the reservoir full? If there's air in the cooling system, the sensors are not immersed, so the computer will shift the mixture and timing way off when it warms up.
'Curly'

Weak, I hate to hear about Hondas that aren't working right. I depend on them to stay running [unlike my Chevy]. If you are mechanically inclined, I'd pick up a comprehensive manual. Usually they are symptom- to-subsystem guides you can skim through. I've got about 30 pages of tests to perform troubleshooting my idle surge issue while warm. Experienced Honda techs are an option too :S