Honda Head Lamps

Are head lamps easy to replace on 97 Honda Civic? How do you remove them? Do you have to dismantle the lens and everything?

Got a blown bulb?
They're removed from the back. No need to pull the whole headlight. In fact, it's not advisable at all to remove the whole headlight.
Remove connector, pull rubber boot off, release wire clip, pull bulb straight out. Installation, as they say, is the reverse of removal.
Don't touch the new bulb glass!
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Not sure if your 97 Civic is similar to my 98 Accord, if so they are sort of like a tab lock, You need to twist clock wise to remove. You only need to turn them apx 30. If they are very hard its probably the rubber seal between the outside of the bulb holder and the lens assy that has swelled up. Have you ever had the car rust proofed? this compound will swell rubber seals. Try a squirt or two of WD 40 or your favourite penetrating lube. All else fails take it to a garage. Minimum labour charges are probably less than a new lens assy. Good Luck\Bon Chance!

P.S.
I'm having a bear of time trying to get it out? It won't easily screw out. I would be grateful for any kind of response.
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/index.html , Electrical, Headlights.
Looks like the bumper must come off. :-(