Honda Civic 97 starter problem

Hi there, I have a Civic 97 EJ7Vtec. The car having a startup problem. I can hear the starter sounds ok. Even I have check the battery, and even I've changed the battery the starter still having the same problems. I wont start. It only can start if I jumpStarted the car battery from other car.. What would caused the problem? Now my car stranded at supermarket.

Reply to
safone

------------------------------

Whenever a Honda won't start at the supermarket or after filling with gas, buying a pack of cigarettes, it's usually the MAIN RELAY. Cooling the inside of the car will make it go, but if you don't have that much time to kill, try this:

Turn the key to position II, slam the drivers door, listen to the relay run for three seconds. Start the car and drive.

Replace or resolder main relay.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"safone" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

It won't CRANK,or cranks and won't start running? Does it begin to run,then die? Then it's the main relay.(runs the fuel pump;no fuel pressure,no run) If it won't always crank,then starter solenoid. It could also be a worn ignition switch.

Could be the main relay,it could be a bad starter solenoid(worn contacts).

Jim Yanik