Horn continues to blow

I have a 1993 Honda civic EX & everytime it is raining out quite heavily for a period of time the horn will go off & stay on by itself until I
pull the fuse. What should I be looking at as the reason this happening & will my lights work when I pull that particualar fuse out??
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:00:30 -0500, piperspost wrote:

Who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings? They will probably know.

You probably have a chaffed cable somewhere. When it is dry out try finding with a spray of water. Look at the lights and see if they are on.

No the lights do not come on at all when the horn starts to blow.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

My 1990 Accord did bizarre things after a rain. Also, the driver floor mat was wet. Water was leaking through a weld. There is a control module under the left kick panel by the drivers left foot that was getting wet and had rust and mildew.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3336.bay.webtv.net:

Your horn connectors (behind the front bumper) are corroded and are shorting out.
Your horns are always "hot". Ground is normally supplied by the switch in the steering wheel. But if one of the horn connectors shorts, current will flow and both horns will blow.
Pull the horn fuse and your brake lights won't work. You can use your taillights as a (dim) substitute: Just turn the parking lights on each time you step on the brake. This dodge is actually pretty effective; I've had to use it before.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
ok...sounds like the problem. Teger How much would this cost to get fixed?
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3333.bay.webtv.net:

Lots and lots. Or nothing.
Whom do you want to get to do this work?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

why not go to a shop specializing in auto electrical problems,tell them about the horn connectors,and ask for an estimate?
Or you could price a new wire harness from Honda and install it yourself.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Or you could disconnect the horn, clean the connectors, and reconnect the horn....Doh!!!! DaveD

The horns might be reachable by dropping the plastic splash shield under the bumper.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger....I know absolutly nothing about cars. I was going to bring it to Honda or a mechanic that used to work at Honda that nows owns his own shop & get it repaired.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3337.bay.webtv.net:

That should work. This is a simple problem, easily fixed.
The big issue is how long it's going to take your guy to get at the horns.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Well he works pretty quick....I think it would be done in a day. I was curious of the price because I am paying some heavy Hospital Bills at the moment.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3331.bay.webtv.net:

No one can tell you the price, only your mechanic. The price depends very heavily on the extent of the damage.
As a wild-ass guess, I'd say anywhere between $50 and $300.