98 Honda Civic EX

I have a 1998 Honda Civic EX and have been hearing a knocking-type sound coming from the front passenger side. It also occurs when I go over bumps. The sound is also similar when you crack your knuckles. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
j2k99

j2k99 wrote in news:994946_92207fdd5d5c3738b1445495c412aea7 @autoboardz.com:

Have a passenger riding in that seat. Going slowly in a bumpy parking lot (and when the car is making that noise), have passenger hold the door open a few inches so the door latch is away from the frame. Does the noise stop? If so, the door hinges are worn.

Reply to
Tegger