2000 sonata transmission whine

I hope Hyundaitech can post to this question but I just noticed this morning a slight high pitched whine while driving my 4 cylinder auto 2000 sonata.
Fluid levels are fine. Should I take it in? I haven't heard this noise before. Thanks
If it's a new noise you haven't heard before, you should definitely take it in. I've heard some with transmission whine, but it's usually not very noticeable. I've seen many with worn wheel bearings making a humming noise. You could also be hearing the squealers on your front brakes, I suppose. If you have it checked, you should know what's happening well enough to make an informed decision.
I do know I need my front brakes done so perhaps it is that that is squealing. I'll ask my mechanic to check. Thanks