2001 Accent GlS Man. Trans Fluid

I have had people tell me that the fluids in a manual car does not need changing. Is that true? I have about 108000 on my 2001 accent no major trouble as of yet (knock on wood) My dealership closed that i used to
goto and the closest one has rude a$$ service Techs.
I don't recall the interval specified in the owner's manual, so you should check. If it were my car, I'd do it every 30k.
hyundaitech wrote:

Thanks

In a standard transmission???
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

yes 5 speed
D_LO wrote:

That's nuts, but it's your money to waste. That's like changing synthetic engine oil at 2,000 mile intervals.
Matt

No kiddin'. It's a manual tranny for Pete's sake. I'm curious why hyundaitech suggested it. He is usually well thought out, or speaking from observed experience.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
30k is just what I'd do on my car. Why? Because it's cheap and I think it's a good interval. Just like I change my coolant every year. But that's me.
Once upon a time, the recommended interval was 30k, but I'm remembering from cars made 15 years ago. Bottom line, you're only required to do what the manual says.
I did my elantra every 24 months or 40,000 KM