2002 Elantra Flex Pipe

I recently purchased a used 2002 Elantra GLS with only 62,000 miles. It is in great shape other than the flex pipe is leaking. As this pipe is one
with the catalytic converter should it be covered under warranty? Also how critical is it to replace the timing belt at that 60,000 mile recommendation? Thanks

I can't answer the first question, especially for a second owner, but this is the present warranty for new cars.
Covers repair or replacement of the following original Hyundai major emissions control components that cause the vehicle to fail to conform to an applicable EPA approved Inspection/Maintenance Program:
1) Catalytic Converter 2) Engine Control Module 3) Onboard Emissions Diagnostic Device (OBDII)
Other EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) emissions warranty parts are covered under the 5 years / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
As for the timing belt, it is only critical if it breaks and destroys the engine. Replacement is about $400. New engine, much more. I'd not wait very long.
This pipe does indeed include the catalytic converter and is covered by the 8 year/80,000 mile emissions warranty. So you should still be within the warranty period on this.
I see very few timing belts break on this engine, so it's not very likely to break anywhere near the interval. But, since the interval is 4 years/60,000 miles, you're now coming up on time to change the belt for the second time. If it's never been changed, it's time to be a little nervous about it.