2002 Elantra. Possible rear bearing problem.

Good evening,
It's been about a week now when I'm driving to work and I hear this high whine sound inside the car coming from the rear right. This
only happens when I'm turning left. On a straight the sound goes away. When adjusting on the lane that requires to turn slight left this very same sound occurs again in gradual pitches. I;ve heard it once before a bit deeper and tone on my cavalier and it ended up been the bearing on the front left side even though the sound was emiting from the right.
If it is a bearing, Is it covered on the warranty. If not how much can a job like this cost in total. Parts and Labour.
Can it be easily done by myself or special tools are needed and such.
Thank you for the replies.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
The rear hub bearing would be covered for 5 years/60k miles, so that'd depend on the date of delivery of the vehicle and how far you've driven it. But it doesn't particularly sound like a bearing. If you've got rear disk brakes, I'd suspect that your rear pads are worn out and the wear indicators are rubbing.
[Quote] The rear hub bearing would be covered for 5 years/60k miles, so that'd depend on the date of delivery of the vehicle and how far you've driven it. But it doesn't particularly sound like a bearing. If you've got rear disk brakes, I'd suspect that your rear pads are worn out and the wear indicators are rubbing.
. [/Quote]
Well sad to say I have the good old standard drum & shoes for the rear wheels. Also I'm about to pass my coverage by friday if keep driving lol. Bad timing always happens in life. I'm no exception been there before. I'll jack up the car and examine the debris lining, shoes and clean out the collected debris and grease the back plate and do a quick test.
Thanks for your input HyundaiTech.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
My 95 Elantra has done manny manny freeway miles Still has the original rear shoes at 150K. I would rather have drums on the rear. Raise & support the rear, some times you can feel the bad bearing when turning the wheel by hand