2006 Sonata 4 cyl Oilpan Crushwashers

Is there anyplace online or a store where they can be purchased for under a dollar? Thanks

Reply to
jpuccia

I don't think you can find them that cheap anywhere. But then, they're not all that expensive right from the dealer. I think I paid something like $1.25 ea.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Have you tried the dealer? Mine gives me one with every filter I buy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Advance auto parts - actually, Auto-Zone too. They're in the rack where they sell washers, bolts, screws, etc.

Reply to
Bob

Good grief - my Hyundai/Kia dealer gives them to me for nothing. I just walk in and get them.

Incidentally, I'm not given the "crushable O-ring" anymore. Now it is just a flat washer. I've noticed that I have to tighten it a lot tighter than I did the crushable O-ring, but that if I do, I can use them again and again and again.

Still, even the newer cars owners manuals state that the O-ring should be replaced every time. But they don't cost me a thing.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Save yourself the hassle and just replace the drain plug with a Fram or Fumoto drain valve.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Yes. Or at least a copper washer, which can last the life of the car. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Pep boys sells all sizes of them. I think a half dozen of them are about

3-4 dollars in a bubble pack. I've noticed on my car that they will last a lot longer than 1 oil change if they are not mashed real bad. I know what you mean though, If a person was buying metal by the pound the stuff would be 300 bucks a pound. Yet another example of exhorbitant prices from a dealer for something that doesn't need to be there in the first place. This is the first car I ever owned that even had one. (all were GM and Ford before this one. What I did was just take the oil drain plug with me and compare hole sizes till I found one like it. There are standard sizes and MM too in the display at Pep Boys.
Reply to
What

You have a good dealer. Where is this one located? My dealer charged 2 bucks for them in Springfield Mo. and the arrogant little asshole at the parts counter said it had to have one fopr each oil change or it would void the 10 year/100,000 mi. warrany. I got copper ones from Pep Boys.

Reply to
What