Azera???

Thinking about traiding my 06 Sonata LX, with the solid rubber tires, for an Azera, however I saw something on KBB.com stating one of the bad things
about the Azera was harsh ride and noisy interior!!??? Anyone?? I would like another opinion! Think the hard ride in this Sonata comtributed to my wife having 2 broken vertabra after a trip from Dallas to San Diego in this lumber wagon...

I have a difficult time believing that unless your wife has serious osteoporosis.
My wife has serious osteoporosis. We have made this trip twice a year for past 15 years in my various old Grand Marquis (which incidently had better gas mileage) and never had any problems with the ride! Even my 1992 Ford E150 conversion van rides better than this Sonata.

Then why did you buy it?
Eric
because I have an 03 Elantra and I like it and it rides better than the Sonata. When I first drove the Sonata, had the "new Car feel"...it'll be OK. I have people who have Sonatas from other years and they are better ride. I rented an 06 in Chicago with 16 inch wheels and it rode better than this thing with the 17 inch wheels. Someday when I hit the lottery, I will invest in 16 inch wheels and get bigger and softer tires for this one unless i trade it off first!

You can get a set of 16" wheels and tires for much less than the hit you would take buying a new car.
In fact, searching tirerack.com showed 16" Sonata wheels for as little as $84/ea. and 215/60HR16 Grand Toruing All Season tires for as little as $62/ea. So, for $584 plus tax (if applicable) and shipping you could have the Sonata you want without buying something else.
I had an '03 AND an '05 Elantra and I can honestly say that my '06 Sonata rides and handles MUCH better than either of those cars, but my Sonata is the GLS V6 with the 16" tires.
Good luck.
Eric

If you have 17" tires, yes, it will ride a little bumpy and make noise running over expansion joints. -
Bob
why did you buy yours? what a question!!!

I bought mine because it rides smoothly and quietly. Of course, I have 16" wheels.
-
Bob

Wouldn't it be a little cheaper to get softer tires? You can change them you know, right? You might want to consider a Cadillac if the Sonata is too harsh for your wife's back.
Eric

If you have the 17" wheels, I agree. I much rather my 16's. But it should be easy to find someone to trade their 16's for your 17's. -
Bob

I have owned an Azera for a year. In fact, I just renewed the registration last month. I have no clue where KBB.com comes off making that statement. I find the Azera one of the quietest rides I have ever had. The handling and comfort exceeds my old Chrysler Concorde, on which I spent more to purchase twelve years ago than I did the Azera.
I really think you would have a tough time finding another luxury car with its features and engineering for the price anywhere.
in

I love my 2006 Azera... it's quiet, smooth and very comfortable. Accellerates smoothly. Only thing I would change would be the seat bed length - the seat is shorter that my other vehicles - stops middle of upper thigh - not a big deal but it would add to comfort.
BB