Sonata vs. Azera

I've been looking at the two on comparison charts, but I don't see what you get for the additional $5,000.

The Azera does weigh a few hundred pounds more, so I'm assuming you are getting more material. I've not looked closely at the interior so I'm also going to assume the Azera may have a little more quality in the seating.

You do get larger wheels, 19" vs 18". V-6 vs. 4 cylinder turbo. I still don't see the price difference in features, options, interior space, Style wise, they are similar and at 50' many people could not tell them apart. Not like a Chevy and Cadillac difference.

Hyundai is also advertising the Sonata all over the place, but I don't recall seeing the Azera advertised at all.

Has anyone done a serious comparison? If so, what did you conclude?

Also, any idea when the 2016 Sonata will be out?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The difference between the Azera and Sonata is much as it always has been. More power, nicer appointments, more standard features.

Hyundai never did advertise the Azera model much. Same is true of the predecessor XG.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks, I'll have to take a closer look. The dealership that I bought from will have over 100 Sonata in various trims, but only four Azera.

The list of goodies in the Sonata Limited is pretty good and stands up well to the Azera. I image the quality of leather and the like are better.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The seats in the Azera will still be nicer.

If you're looking at purchasing a loaded Sonata vs. an Azera, there isn't much difference in price, so I think it really comes down to which one you like better at that point.

I do think that because the '15 Sonata is newer, it does have some available tech features you can't get on the Azera (like smart cruise, collision detection, lane keep, etc.)

Reply to
hyundaitech