Bright Lights

Hey again!

I have solved a few problems but new ones seem to sprout up. When im driving at night my headlights sometimes will just go to brights then switch off. I dont think the switch is broke? because it will do it at idle or driving on rough roads, just random. When i have accelerated I think it also somehow makes the engine bog down a bit. The only thing that I can think of now is that I had to put in a new alternator and that sometimes i hear a squeal like the belt is slipping, but not when the lights go bright and back.

This dam car is CURSED! Maybe I need a young and old priest! :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shanw

Reply to
shawn

Jody

Check all the connections at your battery and in the fuse box (if there is one) beside the battery. It could be a loose or burned connection making the lamps turn off.

Also diddle with the switch a little bit and see if you can make the problem with the lamps occur. I think the switch is actually your most likely problem.

Definitely tighten your alternator belt. If it's even a little loose, it'll want to squeal.

For the bogging, could be just about anything. If your check engine lamp is on, definitely start with whatever codes are stored. And even if not on, it's worth scanning to see if there is anything stored.

Reply to
hyundaitech