I seem to have bought another Saab

=A32500 in a rash impulse Ebay "buy now" on a car that I have seen loads=20 of pictures of, but haven't seen in the flesh. Might be the best car=20 I've ever bought, or probably the stupidest thing I have ever done, but=20 at least the missus will get to say "I told you so, where is my=20 castrating knife".

Owner is another Saabclub guy, car has done 212k, but had an engine=20 rebuild and recon box (receipts for the parts) about 20k ago, plus full=20 rebuilt rear suspension, and new balljoints and shocks/springs.

MOT for another year (sept 06) and 5 months tax. He is selling up to move to France.

Got struck by "What if it's a bargain" fever.

just need to sell the Celica

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Looks good, 212k though.... thats got to have put alot of wear on the rest of the car!

And those pics are fookin huge!

Reply to
REMUS

A J plate 900 with 212k on the clock may be a *bargain* at =A32,500 ??? How much do these things normally sell for ffs ?

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

A J plate 900 with 212k on the clock may be a *bargain* at £2,500 ??? How much do these things normally sell for ffs ?

************

Heh, that's what I was just thinking!

Reply to
DanTXD

Owner is another Saabclub guy, car has done 212k, but had an engine rebuild and recon box (receipts for the parts) about 20k ago, plus full rebuilt rear suspension, and new balljoints and shocks/springs.

MOT for another year (sept 06) and 5 months tax. He is selling up to move to France.

Got struck by "What if it's a bargain" fever.

just need to sell the Celica

Reply to
DanTXD

Good luck with it! First love is always the best.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Anywhere from =A31900-=A37500 depending history, and how much work they hav= e=20 had.

This one has had a recon box, an engine rebuild and all the suspension=20 work done. the engines are good for 1/2 a million with work. I think he=20 must have gotten a "Real Bargain" with a blown engine and rebuilt it.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just a scuff, but some of the side piping is re-inforced with black gaffer. He did tell me the roof was the next job. Not ripped or leaking, but just aged.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Not available in any better nick from breakers. About =A3350 upwards for a fitted replacement, or about =A3250 if you have = a=20 week to fit it. Triple layer with re-inforcing mesh between the outer=20 and middle layers.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

My thoughts exactley. Since I've quite smoking, I've felt the need to take some more chances. I was just ticking over before, but since I've quit, I've got some more energy, and need some "oomph" in my life. Decided I needed to take a chance to spice things up.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

spice up with the carving knife no doubt!!!

Reply to
Andy Pandy

I wouldnt buy one for that price, nothing about it appeals to me for that much cash. But it is your money and your life and I hope you enjoy it :)

Reply to
REMUS

It's red. But other than that... nice!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So how come you're not looking at stupid big bikes, then?

Richard, who considers a Saab 900 Convertible the sign of trying to slow things down and own a car where the scuttle shake masks the parkinsons. Doesn't mean I don't like them, but 'spice' is not a Saab attribute to my mind!

Reply to
RichardK

Those were the better ones he sent me.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The auction description for anyone who is interested.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You've obviosuly never been in a properly driven 900 T16 then, or a very Special T8 that passengered me round angelsey track taking no prisoners.

Scary. This is a proper full blown T16, not the light pressure. First mod might just be the old Volvo 7** intercooler swap, and maybe fitting

9000 Aero brakes. Both a easy swaps with facelifted 900, no dodgy front handbrake, or flat front/no room of the old one I had.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I know. That grey one that went for =A31650, but needed a gearbox was very= =20 tasty, and had had a new roof, this eventually will need a new roof, but=20 has had everything else done, including an MOT last week. I didn't want=20 red, but I reckon this was the safer option.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Quick! Collect it before his house falls on it! Have you seen the cracks in it!?

Reply to
fishman

Given the chassis integrity of the C900 Cabriolet (and indeed, the Vectra 900 Cabriolet), I think that anything more than 90bhp is pushing the realms of sanity ;)

'spice' does not equal 'weeing myself in terror at speeds that would seem utterly unexciting in my old Subaru 4Cam Turbo Estate'. *grin*

Richard

Reply to
RichardK